|Braille "Together Forever" Necklace $43 plus s/h|
|Braille BFF Necklaces — Set of Two $47 plus s/h|
Necklaces by Neat Art Studio
White porcelain, plated with white gold, 18" nickel-free brass base fine chain plated in bright 16k gold: $32.00 each plus s/hChoose your favorite:
|Ohm Silver Braille Beads $25 plus s/h|
Some of the most original gift ideas show up at the checkout counters of book and gift stores, like these popular refrigerator magnets with memorable quotes. We selected different magnets and simply placed transparent braille over the print quotes, so all can read. Each artful magnet can be used to decorate any refrigerator door or hold up a photo or note. Check out all our magnets...
- Magnet Set Get all the magnets we currently offer — and save! Note that the set selection and price will change depending on availability.
- New! "When I count my blessings, I count you twice!" — Irish blessing
- "Friends are the family you choose for yourself." — Unknown
- "Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible." — Doris Lessing
- "Friends, like books, should be few and well chosen." — Samuel Paterson
- "Us. Friends. Always." — Mary Anne Radmacher
- "You are perfect to me." — Solomon
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you I could walk through my garden forever." — Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "Whatever you are, be a good one." — Abraham Lincoln
- "We ought to be opening a bottle of wine!" — Edith Wharton
- "You Rock."
- "When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." — Buddha
- "Life is too important to be taken seriously!" — Oscar Wilde
- "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain..." — Vivian Greene
- "Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there!" — Old Saying
- "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." — Proverb
- "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
- Limited quantity: "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." — Emerson
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
- "Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice." — Lorraine Peterson
These classic books and staff favorites are the perfect gifts for any reader!
Louis Braille: A Touch of Genius
The first ever full-color biography explores Braille's life as student, young inventor, musician, and teacher in post-revolutionary France. Available in braille (4 volumes), BRF, and a print coffee-table edition.
|Six Dots: A Story of Young Louis Braille, $17.99 In this gorgeous new picture book biography of Louis Braille by Jen Bryant, we hear Louis's inspiring story with a lively and accessible text, filled with the sounds, the smells, and the touch of Louis's world. Bryant shows what Louis lost — and what he was determined to gain back through books. School Library Journal says, "This picture book biography strikes a perfect balance between the seriousness of Braille's life and the exuberance he projected out into the world."|
|The Giving Tree, $17.99 Shel Silverstein's poignant picture book for readers of all ages offers a touching interpretation of the gift of giving and a serene acceptance of another's capacity to love in return.|
|Oh, The Places You'll Go!, $17.99 This is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from Dr. Seuss. The perfect send-off for children starting out in the maze of life, whether they're graduating from nursery school or medical school! Ages 5 and up.|
|The Day You Begin, $18.99 National Book Award winner Jacqueline Woodson offers a poignant, heartening book about finding courage to connect, even when you feel scared and alone. Ages 5 and up.|
"Braille" Bumper Stickers
These braille bumper stickers from SensorySun.org display your love for braille on your car, laptop, or anywhere you choose. The words MOM, DAD, or TVI are displayed in print and simbraille — order one for your family, friends, and favorite teachers! (Note that the braille is completely visual simbraille and is not embossed as traditional tactile braille.) Size: 6" wide x 4" high. Color: Black on White Background.Choose from three options:
Louis Braille Bicentennial Poster, FREE, but you will be charged for shipping.
Limit one per customer. Perfect for any classroom, this 12.25" x 17" poster celebrates the life and achievements of Louis Braille on the bicentennial of his birth.
|Slate and Stylus, $6.95 This plastic Standard Slate writes four lines of Braille, with 28 cells per line, and is intended for use with standard, letter-sized 8-1/2" X 11" paper.|