Describe Dragons Love Tacos Pictures
Blind kids benefit from picture descriptions every bit as much as sighted kids do from seeing the pictures. Don't forget to share these picture descriptions, written by a descriptive audio expert, especially for Great Expectations!
Picture Descriptions for Dragons Love Tacos
- A giant, red dragon lies on the ground, next to many tacos!
The dragon's mouth is stuffed with many tacos.
Tacos sit on the dragon's big belly.
Endleaf pages (front and back of book)
- Golden, round tortillas are folded into a half-circle, and stuffed with toppings.
- A long, skinny dragon arm lifts a platter lid.
Underneath, there is a taco with brown beef,
green lettuce, red tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
Book credits page
- White snow covers the tops of triangle-shaped mountains.
A curved, large stone has a rounded entrance.
The words: "TACO CAVE" are carved above the opening.
Text begins: "Hey, kid!"
- A boy stands in his room.
Clothes spill out of his messy dresser drawers.
Dragon toys lie everywhere.
A shaggy dog stands next to the boy and raises one eyebrow.
Text begins: "Why do dragons love tacos?"
- A long dragon arm holds a wooden spoon. It stirs a pan of brown meat on a stove.
A large pot of steaming food cooks on another burner.
Sweet peppers, onions, and tomatoes lie on the countertop.
Text begins: "Either way, if you want to make friends..."
- The red dragon stands outside the cave. A shopping bag with the words: "TACO CAVE" hangs off its spiky tail.
A thick, blue dragon tail lies in front of the cave's entrance.
Text begins: "But wait!"
- The boy and his dog sit in front of a bowl of red salsa.
The dog's tongue hangs out. The boy looks at a cookbook titled:
"NO SPICY SALSA: A Guide to Dragon Cuisine."
Different-colored salsa bottles are scattered around the counter.
Text begins: "Why do dragons hate spicy salsa?"
- A long, white dragon with small wings and arms has black smoke coming out of its ears!
Another dragon with a turtle-like head has sparkly stars shooting out of its nose!
Text begins: "If you want to make tacos for dragons,..."
- A purple dragon hand is raised in the air.
It's giving a "thumbs up" for a checklist of ingredients.
Text begins: "Hey dragon, how do you feel about..."
- A purple dragon lies on its back, holding its swollen belly.
Its red tongue hangs out of its mouth. Its dragon wings flop on its side.
The scaly dragon is huge. It stretches across a river and a forest of trees!
Text begins: "Dragons love parties."
- A short dragon with a spiky head wears a superhero costume.
A white dragon wears a pirate hat and an eye-patch. Another dragon wears a magician's hat. More dragons play in a rectangular pool!
Text begins: "They like big gigantic parties..."
- Others dance. Two dragons hold accordions. Three dragons face a funny-looking dragon standing on one leg playing charades!
Text begins: "The only thing dragons love more than parties..."
- The boy and his dog are in front of his house. They move a cart and a bag full of tacos!
There are boxes of tacos toppings everywhere. A taco-stuffed taco boat called the "S.S. TACO" is parked beside the boy's house.
Text begins: "Hey dragon, are you excited for the big..."
- A blue dragon bends its flexible neck over its shoulder.
It holds an invitation that reads: "You're invited - TACO PARTY for DRAGONS! At Robbie's house." The dragon smiles.
Text begins: "Just remember: Dragons hate..."
- Robbie's two-story house is full of hundreds of tacos! Dragons wait in line outside.
One huge dragon lies on the roof. Its long neck and tail hang over the sides. It looks in a window. In the back of the house, Robbie and his dog fill a hole in the ground with red salsa.
Text begins: "These dragons love your taco party!"
- Inside the house, dragons stuff their mouths with tacos.
One dragon wears an "I LOVE TACOS" T-shirt.
Another dragon stands on its tail, with a lampshade on its head. It holds a taco in its small blue hand.
Text begins: "It's a good thing you got rid of..."
- A blue dragon passes a jar of salsa to a white dragon. As Robbie watches, he holds his hands up to his open mouth with dread, and his eyes widen.
Illustration of jar of salsa
- The label on the jar reads:
"TOTALLY MILD SALSA, Now With Spicy Jalapeño Peppers."
Text begins: "Dragons, listen to me:..."
- Robbie holds both hands up trying to make the dragon stop. He faces his open palms toward a gray, lizard-like dragon...eating a taco! All around the party, dragons eat tacos covered in salsa.
Text begins: "Too late..."
- Red and orange fire shoots out of the dragons' mouths!
Black smoke fills the ceiling! Tacos catch on fire!
Robbie and his dog hide under a table.
Illustration only — no text
- Robbie holds his hands to his head in horror. The house has burned down!
The remaining walls are still smoking. A purple dragon's snout looks like a bird's beak. Dark gray smoke comes out of its nostrils.
Text begins: "Why would dragons help you rebuild..."
- Robbie wears a yellow construction hat. He points, to give directions to a dragon carrying planks of wood. Another dragon flies in the air holding a hammer. It nails a nail into the frame of a new house. Other dragons eat tacos at the table. Robbie's little dog curls up and sleeps.
Text begins: "After all, dragons love tacos."
- In front of a new, two-story house, Robbie tosses a taco.
The red dragon's mouth is wide open, ready to catch it.
Robbie's dog watches and smiles.
Back cover, text begins: "The way to a dragon's heart..."
- A large, flying dragon with black wings carries a TACO CAVE shopping bag. It throws a taco in the air.
A blue dragon has a small, red bow on its head. It raises up on its tail to catch the falling taco.