Describe The Day the Crayons Quit Pictures
Blind kids benefit from picture descriptions every bit as much as sighted kids do from seeing the pictures. Don't forget to share these picture descriptions, written by a descriptive audio expert, especially for Great Expectations!
Picture Descriptions for The Day the Crayons Quit
- Four crayons standing on a sheet of notepaper hold picket signs!
- A picket sign leans against a box of crayons. It reads, "We're not happy." Another says, "Down with this sort of thing."
Text begins: "One day in class..."
- A string wraps around a bundle of envelopes, tying them together. The words "To: Duncan" appear in red crayon on the top envelope.
Red crayon page
- Red Crayon leans against a wall. Sweat pours from his tired face. Hearts, strawberries, and apples float in the air, as Santa Claus gives a friendly wave from atop a fire engine.
Purple crayon page
- Purple Crayon wags a finger, looking stern. A messy fire-breathing dragon and a scribbled wizard hold bunches of grapes.
Beige crayon page
- Beige Crayon slumps and looks sad next to a wilting stalk of wheat.
Gray crayon page
- Gigantic animals nearly crowd Gray Crayon off the page! Looking scared, he points hopefully to a little baby penguin.
White crayon page
- White Crayon blends into a white page, showing only his eyes, mouth, and the bottom of his wrapper. The drawing "White Cat in the Snow by Duncan" shows only yellow eyes, a pink nose, black whiskers, and a frowning mouth.
Black crayon page
- Black Crayon kneels and begs. A black rainbow hangs in the sky, while a boy and girl play catch with a black beach ball.
Green crayon page
- Green Crayon whispers his story. Behind him, a dinosaur gives a thumbs-up to a pair of crocodiles tossing cans into a recycling bin.
Yellow (and Orange) crayon page
- Yellow Crayon points excitedly to a page in a coloring book showing a yellow sun in the sky. Orange Crayon waves it off.
Orange (and Yellow) crayon page
- Orange Crayon gestures with a smile at two pages in a coloring book showing orange suns. Yellow Crayon looks upset.
Blue crayon page
- Blue Crayon, worn down to the nub, lies flat on his back with his arms outstretched. Overhead, blue clouds pour raindrops into an ocean and a stream.
Pink crayon page
- Pink Crayon looks annoyed. A laughing pink dinosaur points at an embarrassed pink monster! A confused cowboy frowns at his pink outfit, while a smiling princess in a pretty gown fans herself.
Peach crayon page
- Peach Crayon peeks out of the crayon box as pieces of his wrapping lie scattered around him.
Text begins: "Well, poor Duncan just wanted..."
- Envelopes and letters from all the crayons lie in a jumbled pile.
Text begins: "When Duncan showed his teacher..."
- Duncan's colorful artwork creates a whole new world full of fantastic sights. An orange sun and a black rainbow hang in a cheerful yellow sky. A princess pilots a pink airplane toward a neatly-colored flying purple dragon. In a green sea, a red elephant balances on a black beach ball as he juggles colorful fruit. Santa Claus, wearing a pink and orange outfit, and a pink dinosaur ride in a rowboat past green and blue hearts. A white cat bobs in the waves. An orange whale carries two gray penguins, a pink man holds hands with a blue crocodile, a blue-cloaked wizard, and a green monkey. On a blue road, a cowboy wearing a pink hat drives a blue fire engine past an orange cricket, a red pony, a purple frog, and a smiling beige bear.
Text begins: "...and an A+ for creativity!"
- A happy, striped crayon gives a cheer as squiggles, swirls, and stars of every color shoot out from his pointy head.
- Five crayons carry picket signs. Black Crayon's sign says, "BOOO." An angry-looking Pink Crayon holds a sign that reads, "Down with this sort of thing." A frowny-faced Yellow Crayon lifts a sign reading, "We're not happy."