The B2G comes with a suite of basic apps (e.g. calendar, calculator, camera, clock, compass, editor, email, file management, gallery, music, etc.) and our website will continue to add free optional apps that people can download such as BARD mobile, Kindle, Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, LinkedIn, Tune In Radio, a Periodic Table, etc. (Note: You can download ANY apps from the Google Play Store directly onto the B2G, as well!)
B2G FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
- 8 dot braille keyboard with imbedded cursor navigation pad.
- 20 cell, 8 dot braille display with cursor routing and forward and back buttons.
- Storage: 1GB of NAND flash memory, 8GB of internal storage, plus 32GB with an external SD card slot.
- Accelerometer to detect the orientation of the B2G when rotated.
- Vibration motor for haptic support and cues.
- Speech input and output for users who want to listen instead of read braille, the B2G has synthetic speech output. It also has speech input so users can perform voice searches, text message, and create voice short cuts.
- MP3 player - users can load a music library and listen via internal speakers, Bluetooth speakers, or a headset.
- Built-in stereo speakers and microphone for recording, speech to text.
- Headset jack that is a standard size 3.5mm OMTP (Open Mobile Terminal Platform) format.
- GPS receiver
- Camera for photos, currency/color identification, OCR apps, and social media (5 MP).
- Composite video output (RCA style jack) for diagnostics and connecting to a visual display.
- Dimensions: approximately 7 3/4" x 4 3/8" x 1 1/8" Weight 20.3 ounces
- Battery: 5400 mAh, Lithium Polymer
Bluetooth for peripheral devices. [Bluetooth v2.1 +EDR, Power Class 1.5 With support for OPP, A2DP, AVRCP, HID profiles]
WiFi [802.11 b/g With WiFi Hotspot and WiFi Direct support]
USB -standard USB 2.0 for connectivity and peripherals such as a QWERTY keyboard or mouse, micro USB for charging.
- Optional Voice/Data* phone connection with a Sierra Wireless MC9090, a multimode HSPA+/EV-DO module designed to operate on the main mobile networks in North America and worldwide (CDMA and GSM). It features GPS and supports quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE.
- Peripherals: Includes a carrying case, detachable USB-Micro USB cable, wall charger and ear phones.
- B2G Limited Warranty and Return Policy: The B2G comes with a limited one year, parts and labor warranty. Optional service plans are also available.
*NBP is a partner with Verizon's Innovation Program and in the process of certifying the phone module for voice and data. This is expected to be completed soon.