NBP Advocates for Braille Literacy
ADA Celebration Day is a yearly event held each July in Boston that celebrates the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Each year, the event honors a local organization that has made an impact on accessibility or inclusion in Boston. ADA Celebration Day is an event for people of all ages and all abilities to come together and celebrate a milestone in the disability community.
Usually featuring a speaking program, social events, music, food, and a community resource fair, ADA Celebration Day was developed for people of all ages and all abilities to come together to celebrate a milestone in the disability community.
For information contact the Mayor's Commission for Persons with Disabilities at 617-635-3682 or email@example.com
Blind Legislative Informational Networking Day (B.L.I.N.D.)
To advocate for legislative support of the FY2019 budget and funding recommendations that recognize the necessity for specialized blindness services and their critical importance and need for funding in these challenging budgetary times.
- Where: The Great Hall at Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA
- When: March 19, 2019 - 11:30 -2:00 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm: Light buffet lunch with legislators / sponsors & access product demonstrations
- 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm: Awards / Consumer Presentations
- 1:15 pm - 2:00 pm (and beyond): Networking, walk around the State House to visit representative and senators' offices
Please complete the online registration at: 2019 B.L.I.N.D. Day Registration.
Find Your Legislator
We encourage you to reach out to your local political leaders to inform and engage them to help advocate for braille literacy. Find My Legislator.