Download the application
Download the submission requirements
Applications will be accepted from individuals, groups of individuals, or someone advocating on behalf of either. Completed applications must include the following:
- Signed application form. If the application is being submitted by a third party, the form must be signed by both the applicant and the individual or leading representative of the group of individuals who are being nominated.
- A Word document, limited to 600 words or less, that outlines a) the project or innovation and b) how it exhibits innovation. Innovation is defined, in general terms, as a remarkable improvement or discovery that has a direct impact on tactile literacy for blind people and meets the Prize criteria.
- Supporting materials, no more than ten pages, including:
- A summary, both for potential and fully realized projects.
- Potential for an emerging project, or
- Measurements of success and impact on the industry for a completed project or developed product.
- Two letters of recommendation from colleagues, professors, or any other professional in a position to comment on the innovation. Letters of recommendation should be emailed to National Braille Press by the author(s) and followed by a signed copy sent by mail.
- A prototype may be submitted with the application, or may be subsequently requested to supplement the application.
Applications must be submitted electronically, followed by a signed hard copy. Completed applications must be received by November 2, 2012. Applicants MUST read submissions requirements document before submitting an application.
All applications and materials become the property of National Braille Press.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered by the adjudication committee.
Touch of Genius Prize
National Braille Press
88 St. Stephen Street
Boston, MA 02115